I will respect myself and others.
I will do my personal best.
I will make good decisions.
I will honor myself, my school, my family, and my community.
I will pursue the college and career of my choice.
Coming into Class
I will enter class respectfully and on time.
I will read and start the game of the day as soon as I enter class.
I will take care of all of my business during passing time.
I will be kind and courteous to my classmates, teachers, and other staff.
I will be thoughtful and use needed supplies.
I will stay focused on the game.
I will reflect and work independently on the game.
I will write down my thoughts and my work.
I will share my thoughts and work with my classmates.
I will challenge myself to think outside the box.
Instruction From the Front
I will actively listen and follow the discussion.
I will take out my homework and check my work.
I will complete my homework on time.
I will communicate my solutions and thinking with my classmates.
I will develop the habit of practicing what I am learning and fulfilling responsibilities.
I will actively listen or speak confidently and clearly.
I will explain my thinking process or follow my classmates’ teaching.
I will actively listen, ask questions for clarification, and speak confidently and clearly.
I will show quality work, explain my understanding, and/or support my classmates.
I will model open-minded behavior that is supportive to my community.
I will think about the material being presented and attempt to understand it.
I will write down the notes.
I will ask questions when things are unclear or provide examples to help my classmates.
I will exercise my natural curiosity and approach situations with courage and consideration.
Working at Tables
I will stay focused and remain on task.
I will creatively approach and explore tasks to better my learning.
I will read the task, read the task, and read the task.
I will defend my work and thoughts as well as respect my classmates’ thoughts and opinions. I will commit to my group.
I will learn new things and change my life for the better.
I will remain seated at assigned seat until dismissed by teacher.
I will return all supplies and understand what my homework will be.
I will organize my time wisely.
I will be principled.
I will represent a caring and balanced member of my community.
I will leave class respectfully and orderly.
I will do my work to the extent I can and take it home or store it in the appropriate place for class the next day.
I will remember to take my things and plan ahead.
I will be thoughtful and prepare for success.
· walking to assigned seat with hands to self
· using inside voice and school appropriate language
· coming with supplies and previous work
· asking and answering group questions about homework
· keeping phone put away and ear-buds/headphones off
· keeping quiet conversation at my table with group
· heads turned toward front board
· quiet talk at groups about daily puzzle
· writing or sharing ideas or sketching diagrams
· talking about the puzzle
· consistent focus and effort
· asking questions or communicating ideas on the puzzle
· active listening to discussion or presenter
· staying in assigned seat
· having homework out and done
· raising hand to ask questions or provide relevant responses
· attempting to understand what is being presented
· correcting my homework mistakes
· writing down notes and/or presented information
· asking questions when information is not clear
· providing answers and explanations to help others learn
· focused talk at groups
· active listening to group members’ ideas
· asking and answering group questions
· writing down responses and/or ideas related to the task
· attempting to understand the task and the learning target for the day
· having supplies out and ready
· engaging on the task with my group
· keeping quiet conversations at my table
· staying in assigned seat until class is dismissed by the teacher
· cleaning up my station and returning supplies
· understanding what my homework is
· listening to final instructions before being dismissed
4320 Newton Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55412
Telephone: 612.668.2000 | Fax: 612.668.1993