1. Demonstrates competency in many movement forms and proficiency in a
few movement forms.
2. Applies movement concepts and principles to the learning and development
of motor skills.
3. Exhibits a physically active lifestyle.
4. Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
5. Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior in physical activity
6. Demonstrates understanding and respect for differences among people in
physical activity settings.
7. Understands that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment,
challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.
· Motor Skills: Students explore, develop, combine and refine body and spatial awareness, motor patterns, manipulation of objects, and rhythmical movements through a wide variety of physical activities.
· Movement Knowledge: Students apply movement principles in developing efficient movement skills and demonstrate knowledge of safety procedures, rules, strategies, etiquette, history, origin and cultural perspectives in a variety of activities.
· Health-Related Physical Fitness: Students understand the relationship of physical activity to fitness and health and achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of fitness.
· Personal and Social Behavior: Students demonstrate responsible personal and social behavior in a physical setting by developing self-control, cooperative skills, appropriate sports-related behavior, respect for individual differences and regard for safety.
· Personal Well-Being: Students appreciate the benefits of play and develop values, attitudes and behaviors that encourage a physically active and healthy lifestyle.
4320 Newton Ave N Minneapolis, MN 55412
Telephone: 612.668.2000 | Fax: 612.668.1993